- Filed (End of Session)
Int. No. 69
By Council Members Matteo, Koo and Ulrich (by request of the Staten Island Borough President)
A Local Law to amend the New York city charter, in relation to the review of patterns of contractual spending by the city agencies with not-for-profit organizations.
Be it enacted by the Council as follows:
Section 1. Section 30 of the New York city charter is amended to read as follows:
§30. Council review of city procurement policies and procedures. The council shall periodically review all city procurement policies and procedures, including:
1. the rules and procedures adopted by the procurement policy board, all rules relating to the participation of minority and women owned business enterprises in the city's procurement process and the implementation of those rules and procedures by city agencies;
2. patterns of contractual spending by city agencies, including determinations of the need to contract made by agencies in accordance with rules of the procurement policy board;
3. patterns of contractual spending by city agencies with not-for-profit organizations and patterns of spending by not-for-profit organizations that receive city funding comprising one hundred thousand dollars or more of the budget of such organization;
4. access to and fairness in city procurement opportunities, the fair distribution of contract awards, and the fair employment practices of city contractors;
5. procedures for evaluating contractor performance; and
6. procedures for declaring bidders not responsible and for debarring contractors.
§2. This local law shall become effective immediately.