This bill would require that the Department of Housing Preservation and Development report annually on certain information regarding the waiting lists of Mitchell-Lama housing developments.
- Laid Over in Committee
Int. No. 716
By the Public Advocate (Mr. Williams) and Council Members Reynoso and Perkins
A Local Law to amend the administrative code of the city of New York, in relation to a report on the waiting lists of Mitchell-Lama housing developments
Be it enacted by the Council as follows:
Section 1. Title 26 of the administrative code of the city of New York is amended by adding a new chapter 14 to read as follows:
MITCHELL-LAMA DEVELOPMENT REPORTING REQUIREMENTS
§ 26-1401 Definition: For the purposes of this chapter:
Department. The term “department” means the department of housing preservation and development.
Mitchell-Lama development. The term “Mitchell-Lama development” means a housing development organized pursuant to article two of the private housing finance law and supervised by the department.
§ 26-1402 Mitchell-Lama development waiting list report. By no later than January 15 of each year, the department shall submit to the mayor and the council, and post on its website, a report on waiting lists for Mitchell-Lama developments. Such report shall, at a minimum, contain the following information for each waiting list of each Mitchell-Lama development:
1. The number of unique applicants on the waiting list on the last day of the prior calendar year;
2. The number of applicants on the waiting list who satisfy each of the following conditions:
(a) Such applicant was not selected for occupancy in such development within the prior calendar year;
(b) A person whose position on the waiting list was sequentially later than such applicant was selected for occupancy in such development within the prior calendar year;
3. The number of applicants who qualified for a preference for such development within the prior calendar year;
4. The total number of complaints received within the prior calendar year regarding the waiting list for such development, including, but not limited to, complaints regarding the wait list process and any preferences given to applicants; and
5. The average percentage rent increase for such development.
§ 2. This local law takes effect immediately.
LS 7734 / Int. 1612-2017